Date: June 21, 2017
Position: Architect: Residential
Report to: Manager of Architecture Location: Corporate Office in Sunrise, FL
GL Homes specializes in moderately priced production housing for families and retirees, and high-end, luxury residential communities featuring elegant architectural detail and beautiful spaces that excite and reflect our clients’ needs. Architect will conceptually plan and design single family and multifamily housing, clubhouses, guardhouses, and other structures in new home communities and commercial sites. Responsibilities include creatively designing the floorplan and elevation, safety, usefulness, and aesthetics of buildings. Architect will design structures that satisfy company needs while conforming to the laws and regulations of the areas in which the structures will be built.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Consult with management to determine program
* Develop floor plans and elevation designs - Prepare and design per GL standards, as well as complying with applicable county or state building code
* Understand use and implication of certain materials, equipment, costs, and construction time
* Prepare scaled drawings of the project
* Check plans for design accuracy
* Inspects worksites to ensure that construction adheres to architectural plans
* Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals
* Follow architectural trends and advancements
Bachelor of Architecture degree required, master’s degree in architecture preferred.
This position requires 5+ years professional architectural firm experience, a professional degree, proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), rendering capabilities, strong knowledge of construction methods and materials.
PRIMARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Creative ability to design the overall look of houses, buildings, and other structures. The final product should be attractive and functional.
* Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
* Strong analytical skills. Ability to understanding the content of designs and the context in which they were created.
* Excellent communication and project management skills. Ability to share their ideas, both in verbal presentations and in writing, with management, other architects, and other staff involved in project drawings. Prepare presentations to explain designs.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage contracts and maintain records related to the details of a project, including cost, materials, and process.
* Excellent drawing and technical skills with exceptional use of computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) technology to create plans as part of integrated building information modeling (BIM), Revit, Sketch Up, and Photo Shop.
* Must be able to visualize how the parts of a structure relate to each other and have the ability to visualize the overall look of the project once completed.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR IDEAL CANDIDATE
* Proven working experience as an architect
* Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
* Good working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
* A strong team and ability to collaborate as well as a strong work ethic are essential.
* Visual awareness and an eye for detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands / fingers, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and ability to recognize colors and multiple dimensions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment consists of business office(s). The noise level in the work environment is usually a quiet to moderate.
Some travel may be expected for this position.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.