Position: Construction Administrator Date: June 6, 2017
Report to: Director of Construction
Department: Construction Location: Palm Beach County, FL
The Construction Coordinator will conduct herself/himself, with both the professional and personal integrity required to act as a liaison between homeowners, sub-contractors and the GL Homes project team members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Support the company goals by following company policies, and assist in meeting the objectives of the construction department.
2. Prepare and update schedules and reports during the course of construction, to the affected parties.
3. Maintain all house files from start to completion.
4. Work with directors weekly to maintain Superintendent House Assignment List.
5. Maintain communication with Risk Management Department regarding Incident Reports, Stolen Asset Reports w/case numbers.
6. Proper handling of all phone calls and faxing is essential.
7. Ability to create forms, reports and memo as directed.
8. Maintain Water Meter Log on all homes.
9. Maintain Home Depot Log w/ receipts for Corporate.
10. Keep Nextel numbers current for Directors and Corporate
11. Keep Change Order Log Book.
12. Maintain a file on labor bills
13. Coding. There will be invoices going through the Corporate Office accounting department that will come to the construction office for coding.
14. Keeping track of walk through supers sign off forms.
15. Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
16. Maintain attendance schedule, vacation days, sick days, and hrs. Worked bi-weekly.
17. Ordering of all office supplies.
18. Start Packages -Make packages as quickly as possible after receiving them from your director. A Sub Contractor sign off sheet is to be maintained until all have signed, then filed.
19. Responsible for releasing sub-contractor checks.
20. FPL 30-day temporary electric file to be kept.
21. Responsible for AWA system information coordination and dissemination. This is a computer program that tracks all Additional Work Authorizations.
22. Other Job Related Duties as assigned by Management
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performance by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 5 years’ experience building single family homes in Tampa or South Florida. Experience working in a high volume, production environment required. Prior experience working with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction required.
Abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service - Must have good people skills. Must have a genuine commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
- Communicating - Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with subcontractors, G.L. Homes personal, customers and all other parties.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commitment - Ability and willingness to follow through and ensure the work is done correctly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to recognize and meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and self motivate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment will include construction site and office(s).
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.