Position: Budget Coordinator
Location: Sunrise: Corporate Offices
Budget Coordinator is responsible for one or more communities handling all budgets (pricing/uploading/variances) for all lots within specific communities. Budget Coordinator works directly with Contract Managers to keep current with all subcontractor contracts.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Upload new lot budgets and price out flooring.
- Prepare FHA packages.
- Process variances and research as required
- Process Vouchers.
- Coordinate flow of information with the field personnel in assigned community.
- Responsible for meeting multiple deadlines.
- Responsible for identifying and researching billing discrepancies.
- Collaborate with other Budget Coordinators and Contract Managers.
- Update Production System daily/Production Books weekly.
- Assist with other projects and duties within the department as requested by management.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred
Experience: 1+ years of experience working within the construction or related field preferred. Knowledge and/or experience in accounting helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Good computer skills: must have experience using Excel at intermediate level
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify discrepancies and take initiative to research variances and correct
Monday through Friday - 40 hour work week: occasional evenings and weekends may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The usual environment is in a business office with a noise level in the work environment that is usually moderate. Travel time may be required for special project or grand opening.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.