The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will be responsible for efficiently testing software solutions manually and write automation scripts. He or she will work closely with various team members in driving improvements in the software testing methodologies that contribute to successful project delivery. The successful candidate will have responsibilities to lead team members offshore along with being a hands-on contributor and operate as an individual contributor to projects in flight.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establishes best practices for test documentation, standards, and test processes.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in quality process, tools, and skills. Implements needed improvements.
- Functional testing and automation script development.
- Previous experience with Selenium, and Appium automation platforms for web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of Ruby for QA Automation
- Provides upper management KPI’s for QA platform and current projects.
- Responsible for implementing load and performance testing for applications released to production.
- Working Knowledge of CICD
- Ensures projects follow standard processes for test planning, test case development, test execution, tracking, and status communications.
- Establishes test standards based on project size, scope, impact, risk, and other factors that may impact the level and type of testing required.
- Establishes and manages testing practices for performance and automated testing of software and systems.
- Owns the testing lifecycle and is responsible for managing and communicating quality risks and issues throughout the projects.
- Assigns quality assurance leads to oversee daily activities of QA team. Maintains accountability for ensuring that the proper level of testing is completed.
- Works with technical leaders to ensure projects are staffed with the properly skilled QA analysts.
- Communicates and enforces quality assurance test standards for consistency and awareness within QA team and among other managers where necessary.
- Reviews project scope and requirements in order to determine necessary level of testing, and to staff projects properly.
Hands-on testing and automation
Release and change management ?
Other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years in Quality assurance
- Experience with leading offshore QA resources.
- Key individual contributor on successful delivery on a large product or project, with applied knowledge and participation in full life cycle development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience in automation testing of web based and mobile testing?????
- Experience with various forms of testing including ad-hoc, automated, performance, stress, and user acceptance testing.
- Experience with BDD and TDD?
- Experience with home building and construction
- Cucumber and Continuous Integration with Jenkins
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.