The Construction Coordinator will act as a liaison between homeowners, sub-contractors and the GL Homes project team members. Responsibilities include preparing documentation for permit packages and Certificate of Occupancy packages for approval by city building department, engineering and zoning departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Compilation of all necessary information for permitting process through the city, county, state and federal agencies, including, but not limited to, calculation of all fees and advising accounting department of disbursement of funds.
* Prepare plans and review surveys for approval of building department in a timely manner.
* Communication with subcontractors for ordering surveys, plans and permit applications.
* Advise construction superintendent and closing coordinator of approved engineering inspections and Certificates of Occupancy.
* Support the company goals by following company policies, and assist in meeting the objectives of the construction department.
* Prepare and update schedules and reports during the course of construction, to the affected parties.
* Maintain all house files from start to completion.
* Work with directors weekly to maintain Construction Manager House Assignment List.
* Maintain communication with Risk Management Department regarding Incident Reports, Stolen Asset Reports w/case numbers, etc.
* Proper handling of all phone calls, and mailed, scanned, and faxed documents.
* Ability to create forms, reports and memo as directed.
* Maintain Water Meter Log on all homes.
* Maintain a file on labor bills, expenses, etc.
* Keeping track of walk through Construction Manager Sign-off forms.
* Ordering of all office supplies (completed bi-weekly).
* Start Packages -Make packages as quickly as possible after receiving them from Construction Director. A Sub-Contractor sign off sheet is to be maintained until all have signed, then filed.
* Responsible for releasing sub-contractor checks on the 1st and 15th of each month, unless the check is on hold. Tracking sheets are to be signed for each check and filed.
* Maintain 30-day temporary electric files. (All cities differ on this, check with your city)
* Responsible for AWA system information coordination and dissemination. AWA system is a computer program that tracks all Additional Work Authorizations.
* Other Job Related Duties as assigned by Management
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performance by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 2 years’ experience building single family homes in Florida. Experience working in a high volume, production environment required. Prior experience working with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction required.
Abilities include, but are not limited to:
* Customer Service - Must have good people skills. Must have a genuine commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
* Communicating - Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with subcontractors, G.L. Homes personal, customers and all other parties.
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Commitment - Ability and willingness to follow through and ensure the work is done correctly and efficiently.
* Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to recognize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and self motivate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to climb. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment will include construction site and office(s).
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.