The Construction Manager is responsible for the management of a particular phase of the construction process for a group of houses. The Manager must have a high degree of knowledge in the applicable construction phase. The Manager must strive to ensure that subcontractors, suppliers, laborers and others maintain the high level of Quality required by G. L. Homes, while maintaining safety standards and production levels through proactive administrative, communication and scheduling techniques.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Planning & organizing each day and prioritizing workload so that work will be completed in a timely manner. Identify tasks and items which must receive immediate attention and maintain a sense of urgency in completing or supervising completion of these items.
* Scheduling and coordinating the efforts of subcontractors, suppliers, municipal employees, utility companies, purchasers and G.L. Homes personnel for a group of houses (range of houses from 10 to 50 at a time, depending on the level of phasing in a project).
* Ensuring Quality Control compliance to Building Codes and regulatory rules, scopes of work, specifications, product approvals, and company standards for workmanship. Train and supervise the subcontractors to ensure they complete their work on time, thoroughly, and correctly.
* Conducting all work in compliance with reasonable safety standards and guidelines.
* Maintaining all required Construction documents and records necessary to construct a home in accordance with the Purchase Agreement, plans, specifications and building codes.
* Responsible for the approval of payments for subcontractor work by approving work performed using the Production system and the Additional Work Authorization system.
* Responsible for maintaining proactive communication with the Subcontractors, Suppliers, Municipal employees, Utility companies, purchasers, and G.L. Homes personnel.
* Responsible for locking homes, i.e. Secure, close and lock, to the extent possible, the homes which are designated as his/her responsibility.
* Responsible for the cleanliness of the job site through his/her supervision of laborers and subcontractors.
* Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
* Other related duties as requested by management.
4 year degree in Building Construction or related field preferred, or the following experience.
Minimum 3 years’ experience building single family homes in South Florida. Experience working in a high volume, production environment required. Prior experience working with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction required.
Abilities, include, but are not limited to:
* Planning and Organizing - Must be detail oriented with strong skills in coordinating and prioritizing a large number of people and tasks. Must be thorough with paperwork and follow - up. Must have good time management skills.
* Communicating - Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with subcontractors, G.L. Homes personal, customers and all other parties.
* Customer Service - Must have good people skills and enjoy working with customers. Must have a genuine commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
* Commitment - Ability and willingness to follow through and ensure the work is done correctly and efficiently.
* Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Leadership - Ability to direct, train and motivate vendors and subcontractors to maintain compliance with GL Homes policies and practices.
* Decision Making - Ability to make good decisions when problems arise to resolve the situation in an efficient and cost effective manner. Must be able to anticipate problems and avoid them by planning ahead.
* Initiative - Ability to take charge of situation and problems, identify solutions and implement a plan to reach goals independently. Must have a high energy level and be highly motivated to accomplish goals.
* Driver’s License: Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb ladders and stairs, and walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment will include construction site and office(s). Various terrain includes uneven and rough terrain associated with a construction site.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.