Experience and Skills:
4 year degree in Building Construction or related field preferred, or the following experience.
Minimum 3 years’ experience building single family homes in South Florida. Experience working in a high volume, production environment required. Prior experience working with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction required.
Abilities, include, but are not limited to:
* Planning and Organizing - Must be detail oriented with strong skills in coordinating and prioritizing a large number of people and tasks. Must be thorough with paperwork and follow - up. Must have good time management skills.
* Communicating - Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with subcontractors, G.L. Homes personal, customers and all other parties.
* Customer Service - Must have good people skills and enjoy working with customers. Must have a genuine commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
* Commitment - Ability and willingness to follow through and ensure the work is done correctly and efficiently.
* Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Leadership - Ability to direct, train and motivate vendors and subcontractors to maintain compliance with GL Homes policies and practices.
* Decision Making - Ability to make good decisions when problems arise to resolve the situation in an efficient and cost effective manner. Must be able to anticipate problems and avoid them by planning ahead.
* Initiative - Ability to take charge of situation and problems, identify solutions and implement a plan to reach goals independently. Must have a high energy level and be highly motivated to accomplish goals.
* Driver’s License: Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb ladders and stairs, and walk, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment will include construction site and office(s). Various terrain includes uneven and rough terrain associated with a construction site.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.