Develop Bid Packages and Bid Work Out to Subcontractors - Identify and communicate the needs of the Field Construction while staying abreast of and in contact of the most qualified and competitive subcontractors available for the job. Bidding - Continuous research for new competitive subcontractors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Evaluate Bids Received, Negotiate Contract Terms and Pricing, Award and Write Contracts - Identify if bids are in line with Bid Package, analyze pricing with regards to estimates and budgets, negotiate competitive contract amounts and document in contract form.
* Maintain Subcontractor Relations - Periodically monitor subcontractor performance to determine if it is in line with contract and the needs of construction field personnel. Revise contracts when necessary to improve the quality of construction methods or the quantity of construction materials. Mediate issues between subcontractors and field personnel to maintain a productive working environment.
* Estimating and Plan Review - Create job cost estimates for multiple trades for a number of plans in different communities. These estimates are based on community standard features, current industry costs and knowledge of subcontractors. Communicate with architects and engineers on any plan changes, issues, and inconsistencies.
* Knowledge of Construction Materials and Methods - Maintain knowledge of past, present and new types of construction materials and methods. Stay in touch with variety of trade industries to be informed of newest construction technologies. Be aware of what the competition is offering to stay ahead of residential market place.
* Research/Resolve Accounting Issues - Receive and evaluate outstanding invoicing from subcontractors. Determine reoccurring issues with billing and budgeting. Meet with individuals involved in billing/budgeting/accounting processes to clarify procedures and resolve problems.
* Collect / Help Manage Subcontractor Insurance and License Information - Responsible for the initial gathering of insurance and license information from subcontractors for all new projects. Work together with Risk Management to maintain the proper insurance and license information for all of your specific subcontractors through completion of projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or related field
* 4 years of related experience
Skill, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Ideal candidate will be hard working and highly motivated individual with the ability to identify issues, prioritize responsibilities, take initiative and follow through with what needs to be accomplished. Person should be organized, detail oriented, have good problem solving and communication skills. Individual should be able to develop and maintain a plan of action while remaining flexible to address any unexpected needs of others. Experience in the construction industry with knowledge of construction materials and methods, as well as an understanding of accounting practices and computer skills is necessary:
* Construction knowledge.
* Highly proficient and strong working knowledge of Excel
* Strong communication skills
Average 40 to 45 hour work week: occasional weekends may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary: Corporate office environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Secondary: Occasional exposure to construction site and new houses under various stages of construction.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.