Sales Associates are responsible for selling new homes to prospective buyers by using our Model homes and our many GL Homes marketing tools; and maintaining relationships with home buyers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop relations with real estate brokers, employment directors, and community leaders, inviting them to visit the community, home sites, and amenities;
* Marketing and self-generation of leads and traffic;
* Maintaining customer and potential customer information, and other record keeping;
* Implementing and coordinating presentations utilizing displays, brochures, floor plans, price lists and other sales aids;
* Performing inspections of model and spec homes to verify that the model and spec homes are in good viewing condition and assisting in opening and locking model and specs;
* Driving the community regularly to inspect for overall appearance etc.;
* Taking prospective Home buyers outside of the sales office and to and through the models and spec homes and community amenities and to available lots to assist Home buyers in selecting a home site;
* Implementing broker relationship programs, setting up presentations, and visiting broker offices to foster broker relationships;
* Shopping and understanding competition for comparison and contrast to be able to respond to Home buyers’ questions regarding competitors’ products and amenities.
* Implementing follow-up procedures with customers, including, but not limited to, assisting in customer selections, verifying deposit monies are paid when and in the manner due, monitoring mortgage approval process, etc.;
* Assisting in coordinating Home buyer closings;
* Performing other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree and On Site New home Sales Experience or High School diploma with 5+ Years of successful On-site new home sales experience
* Knowledge of new home construction preferred
* Real Estate Sales License
* Must have a valid Driver’s License
Strong Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, Energy Level, Negotiation, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Creativity, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales
Hard working and highly motivated individual with the ability to sell, prioritize responsibilities, take initiative and follow through with closing a sale. Person should be organized, detail oriented, have good problem solving skills. Must have excellent communication skills. Individual should be able to develop and maintain a plan of action while remaining flexible to address any unexpected needs of others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb stairs; talk and hear; reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to sit, use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently working both in a Sales Center and models/lots; occasionally the employee will be exposed to construction sites and moving vehicles. Employee will be frequently required to travel in car &/or golf cart.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The purpose of this job description is to give an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the Sales Associate position. This job description should be used as a guide and additional responsibilities and duties may be added to accommodate future business and management needs.