Experience and Skills:
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma required
Previous Front Desk/Receptionist experience preferred: operating a switchboard and greeting customers in a very friendly manner.
Skills and Abilities:
This job requires a friendly, upbeat "people person", who is able to multi-task in handling the sometimes hectic flow of customers coming in to the sales center, as well as promptly answering incoming calls with a smile in his/her voice. Some computer skills are required to manage the traffic system, and to assist with administrative tasks. Organizational skills are required to keep inventory of marketing and office supplies
* Customer Service - Maintain a professional, polite, and friendly attitude at all times.
* Interpersonal Skills - Must be able to establish rapport and develop good working relationships with all levels of people both within and outside the organization.
* Good administration skills and attention to detail
* Must have good organizational and follow up skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to operate a wide range of office technology including telephones, personal computers, e-mail, fax and copy machines.
40 hour work week - occasional evenings and weekends may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands continued:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Front Desk Coordinator work is in a highly visible area and requires a good first impression on a customer or visitor to the company. Front desk area must be neat, organized, and well lighted. Individuals will work in an interpersonal face-to-face environment with customers.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Responsible for greeting all guests visiting the sales center, answering calls, and updating and maintaining records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Greet customers in a friendly manner making them always feel welcome
* Introduce customer to a sales associate
* Answer phones and route calls to the appropriate person
* Manage inventory and ordering of marketing supplies
* Manage inventory, order, and stock office supplies, water, coffee, etc.
* Input new client information into traffic system and print traffic reports
* Distribution of contracts, change orders, start packages, and letters to corporate, buyers, and in house staff
* Other duties and projects as assigned by management