Experience and Skills:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college/university with major course work in Civil Engineering or related field
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of Civil Engineering Inspection or construction.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of land surveying, land use, water and sewer systems, other utility systems for various engineering work and activities.
- Ability to use good judgement and make independent decisions.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work projects.
- Ability to communicate engineering information effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationship with employees, officials and the public.
- Ability to use personal computers or remote computer terminals, desk and cell phones, typewriters and other office equipment of the assigned work unit.
- Possess ability to learn and become knowledgeable and abide with county goals, procedures, practices, regulations, policies and ordinances, including the Employee Handbook and related regulations.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, bend, stoop, sit, stand, crouch, climb stairs/ladders, and kneel. Employee will also be required to drive and walk active construction sites.
The employee must be able to lift, push and/or pull materials/equipment which may weigh up to fifty (50) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include ability to see and distinguish colors and shapes.
Employee must be able to independently operate a motorized vehicle.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally exposed to loud noise level of construction site.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.