The Project Accountant is responsible for compiling, analyzing, monitoring and accurately presenting financial data for the projects they have been assigned. Responsibilities include maintaining good relations and communications with the field and corporate personnel and other involved parties. Position requires working with tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation for multiple companies.
- Perform accounting functions for assigned business or project including assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly financial and management reports.
- Perform monthly P & L and balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis for review.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and customer deposit reconciliations.
- Prepare work papers monthly and for audit purposes.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Communicate and coordinate with field offices.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by supervisor.
- Duties may entail special projects, some recurring and others a one-time event.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.