The Home Warranty Superintendent works directly with homeowners and is responsible for visiting customer homes to review and assess various service related issues. The Home Warranty Superintendent will determine whether service requests are covered under GL Homes warranty or if the homeowner will be responsible. The Superintendent will assign the work to the vendor(s) responsible for performing the repair(s) and will also direct the vendor on how the work will be completed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review homeowner-generated service requests.
* Review home inspector-generated service requests (submitted by homeowner)
* Inspections may require extended investigations in the attic and other areas throughout the home.
* Assign warranty repairs to the appropriate subcontractor(s). Follow-up with subcontractors for proper and timely completion of repairs.
* Monitor and maintain the reviewer report.
* Review out-of-warranty issues as instructed by management.
* Review emergency service requests and complete water intrusion incident forms (as needed).
* Maintain ‘up to date’ service tickets.
* Communicate with coordinators and management to resolve outstanding issues.
* Assist water intrusion supervisor with remediation procedures including, but not limited to removal of damaged drywall and miscellaneous building materials.
* Submit completed service request(s) to the office management for approval on a daily basis.
* Communicate with homeowner(s) and return phone calls within 24 hours.
* Complete and approve additional work authorization forms "AWA’s"
* Maintain updated phone log. Responsible for returning phone calls, dispatching subcontractors for emergency services (as needed) and handling emergencies as required during the "on-call" assigned week.
* Monitor job site(s) and subcontractors activity
* General maintenance of Customer Service office.
* Responsible for hurricane preparation procedures.
* Manage special projects and other related duties as assigned.