G.L. Homes operations span many complex business processes that are
still mostly manual. Our operations include land development,
single/multi-family home construction, commercial real estate
construction, commercial leasing, home financing, and title transfers.
We are ranked 25th on the nationwide list of top 100 builders in terms
of annual revenue.
Our industry requires extensive custom software development. Only a
few of our processes are a match for off-the-shelf systems. Software
companies do not target the homebuilding industry because the market
is too small compared to other industries. With so few off-the-shelf
software options, we need to develop our own solutions. We are
searching for someone to help us create systems that allow GL Homes to
operate more efficiently, better serve our customers, and be more
responsive to ever-changing market conditions.
This role requires someone willing and enthusiastic about tackling
complex problems and developing creative solutions. We need team
members who can learn quickly, analyze complex issues, and develop
innovative solutions. You will be challenged to develop
multi-language and multi-platform coding skills. We develop web apps,
mobile apps, JD Edwards ERP apps, Outsystems apps, BI
dashboards/reports, and Microsoft Office add-ins, to name a few.
We will provide training to support the development of the skills
required to succeed in this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions using technologies such as the following:
- Proprietary Development Platforms (JD Edwards, Outsystems, etc.)
- Develop an understanding of our business processes and their
- Troubleshoot and devise solutions for software and process-related issues.
- Work closely with team members to understand functional
requirements and develop amazing solutions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks as per
- Learn new skills and keep up to date with best practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational events; reviewing professional blogs; establishing
personal networks; invest in personal development.